les hommes passent leur temps à tricoter, en fumant, des bas grossiers avec la laine de leurs chétives brebis” - 1819 Ile d’Ouessant

lundi 23 juillet 2012

Its Been A Long Time........


Black Combed Ouessant

But don't think that I haven't been doing anything .I have been working slowly towards my goals and one of those has been to understand and complete the fibre process from sheep to shawl. Much of this has been a learning curve and so finally after much reflexion I arrive at a point where I am happily processing Ouessant fleece. I have two fleeces available I consider both to be the best that I have produced to date and they have both been hand rooed.  They will be cold water washed and then hand combed as the fleece above.  One is white and the other is black. I am looking for people working in fibre and I don't mind what area who could make use of these fleeces. All I ask is that you send me details of what you might do with the fleeces and when finished that you share with me the process of transformation. I will send them anywhere in the world. If you would like to have a bit of fun with some free fleece then send me a mail.

A Plus!

3 commentaires:

  1. Greetings - I know it has been a while since you posted this, but would you still happen to have fleece available? I am looking for unique breeds for my spinner's study, and Ouessant was suggested as one to try. I am now quite intrigued after reading about them. I am in the US and happy to pay for fiber and postage. Even better if it has not yet been washed! Thanks, Tracey

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Hi I would be more than happy to send you some fleece. The best way for me to learn is hear what others think about ouessant fleece and what applications it may be used for. Send me a mail ( click on contact lefthand side top of screen) and we can talk details. :-)

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I have tried to use your 'contact' on the screen but for some reason it doesn't work for me! Do you still have fleece available as I would love to try some in my wet felting and no longer have the facilities to wash fleece. My e mail address is lady1lavender@gmail.com
    Many thanks
    lavender

    RépondreSupprimer

Remarque : Seul un membre de ce blog est autorisé à enregistrer un commentaire.